"Short Kings" Photoshoot

As is going to be a common theme with these photoshoots, time was of the essence due to the heavy workload from other classes and many of my afterschool responsibilities.
After a 2 weeks of planning with my good old friends Alejandro and Ruben, we had finally lined up our schedules. I shot the photoshoot at the Checker's 5 minutes away from the school. While we were enjoying our pizza before the shoot, I was examining what sort of compositions I can pull off with such limited scenery.

This Checker's is very retro and picturesque. It's built to only be a drive-thru with no actual restaurant qualities besides the very limited and unclean seating. Then, there are other factors beyond our set, was the boring street-view backdrop we had at all angles and the limited supplies I had to make this sufficient photoshoot. I had only brought a camera and a couple white papers to scatter the natural light, nothing to clean the seats or make a dent in the harsh shadows I was getting.

The following series of pictures are all the ones I took for the duo shot, as you can see I was trying out different angles and waiting for the wind to pass
at a bit of a Deutsch angle but with relatively good lighting.
the boys weren't ready for the shot

Still at an angle, very nice lighting, Ruben and Alejandro's anxious phone position mess up the shot though.
No angle, backed up 3 steps, bad lighting on Ruben, who's also not smiling.

Better lighting, frame slightly uncentered, Ruben still has too much of a stern expression, Alejandro blinked.

Ruben is still holding a strange expression.

Not great lighting or centering but otherwise everything else is fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Question 4

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? Prezi presentation on how I integrated on suppl...