Creating the my Cover Image

Due to many exceptions and compromises, I've had to make a few revisions to my original design. Photoshoots and didn't go as smoothly as I planned due to many time limitations. I had to change My featured article from Love, You to my Body Identity article, and combined the two focuses: Getting to know Kyra and informing the reader about the transgender struggle. Another significant change was the new Masthead, only the text will be the same.

 The assets I used to create the embellishments to the sides were reused from an earlier project for my school's yearbook. They are paint strokes I made into PNG transparent and recolored with layer filters. I stretched and warped them to make this lovely pillar frame. The font used for my masthead is Elephant which came with my photoshop, the other fonts are tweaked versions of Freestyle script which is a freeware font I got from Dafont.com. I created the interesting "Contrast" font by rasterizing the font then creating various layer masks which I then filled with the background color.
The masthead is now in a font called Elephant Italic, this font came default with my photoshop. From an artistic perspective, It looks on par with the font of  Vogue. As for my cover-lines, some are attention-grabbers like "What is beauty?" which is a line that belongs to my "Love, You" article, and the use of "more" in all capitals to make it look enticing. At the top, I included the same tagline from before along with the volume and publication date. Towards the end, I created the "equal representation" line because I figured that I should include a text that introduces the theme of the articles.





1 comment:

  1. Try DRS OST to PST Converter tool to migrate OST file to PST and several other formats. The tool has a capability to convert OST emails and its associated data items such as emails, contacts, calendars, drafts, attachments, etc. to PST, OFfice 365, MSG, MBOX, EML, Gmail, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Critical Question 4

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? Prezi presentation on how I integrated on suppl...