"Body Identity" - Final Article Writing Process

After gathering my interview answers, I began to work on the other portion which was all about transgenderism. My first paragraph had to be about media representation since that was the theme I had established with my cover. My next paragraph was transitioning into the describing the struggle transexuals go through, this relates to the motive of my article - to inform the reader. Towards the end, I also wanted to include a statement that directly tells the reader to be accepting them. Over the course of the second and third paragraphs, I want the reader to understand the effects being ostracized can have on Transgendered people. It was important to mention how medical factors played into the stress and depression that they feel, specifically, gender dysphoria and the attributes of body dysmorphia.
I want to be clear that I am not trying concrete the idea that all transexuals have body dysmorphia because that condition has far more serious implications and attitudes towards it. People suffering from this condition tend to focus on some physical attributes of themselves so strongly that it ends in them hurting themselves.

Initial Draft

I started with a brief background on who Kyra Francois is. after which I had directly moved onto the informative portion of my article. Since this is just the first draft, I just threw all my ideas and info together. So the actual writing does not have much profoundness or structure. There are also frequent grammatical errors. After consulting with my teacher, she advised that I fix the writing to fit a more conventional interview article. Using a Rihanna interview I read for my Love, You article as a frame of reference, I revised it. I mixed my long interview with my informative writing, using quotes from the interview to support the points I was making in the article. 


Final Draft


Besides fixing the Dysphoria and Dysmorphia section, I also fixed the perspective I was writing from in all sections. In order to properly write like a journalist, I must talk in the third perspective and I had made the mistake of writing everything in the first person. I also closed off the last section better, clearly stating the importance of acceptance and relating it back to how the two conditions are linked.

Works Cited





No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Question 4

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? Prezi presentation on how I integrated on suppl...