Photography Inspiration and Analysis


Amandla Stenberg Dazed Cover - Fashionista
Free Clinique lipstick inside Glamour magazine! | Thrift O'ClockMany Fashion and style magazines favor these kinds of
headshot type spreads, decorated with little to no text. From what I have seen in magazines like Glamour... stoic close-ups similar to this one are popular amongst the genre. In Paper they are mainly used for the cover but in Glamour they usually use it more spreads. This one specifically is of Amandla Stenberg, who had come out as non-binary and bisexual a year prior to when this cover issued in 2017. Dazed chose to frame her in this colorful background representing the LGBTQ+ community and paired it with her shaved head, no make-up look, which is reminiscent of how she identifies to create this stunning clean yet punk-looking cover. I want my cover to have a similar feel but since I have not chosen which article I want to be my feature yet, I do not plan actually executing the same theming. At the moment, my plan is to make my Love, You article my feature but that's subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Question 4

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? Prezi presentation on how I integrated on suppl...