Magazine Design - Photography's Comp

Composition

In art and design, composition is an image's structure. An image with good composition when put in black & white shows contrasting values that make the image easy to read. Bad composition looks murky because of all the similar shadow values, which creates a bad visual hierarchy. To achieve good composition, I will be using blurring and desaturating methods on the backgrounds of my images, which in the example is represented by the gradient. My second background which is represented by the darkest blue will also be blurred but not to the degree of the true background, it also will not be desaturated. The foreground will be subject to saturating and colored filters and in general most of the editing. In the example, I am also exhibiting the sort of shots and framing going for, something playful and bit feminine for my feature since I am choosing between my Love, You, and Body Identity article.
(self-produced example)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Question 4

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? Prezi presentation on how I integrated on suppl...