Featured Article - Body Identity - Final Design Process

My dimensions for my cover and table of contents were 9 by 12 inches so I am setting the dimensions of my double page spread to 18 by 12. I decided to do it this way instead of going sheet by sheet because I did not want to continuously click back and forth through them, this way I can establish a visual harmony without that hassle. My first step in building this was simply throwing all the assets I had made into the workspace. After adjusting the sizes, I hid all my pictures and began creating color blocks for the text and images. If you look closely, you will see that all typed text is Lorem Ipsum, meant to be a placeholder so that I can test out my font options and tweak it. After gathering my page composition, I unhid the pictures and tweaked my color blocks to work with them.

Next, I input what I had of the article done at the time and had noticed that I had too much. I added another block on the Meet Kyra page but that did not help the abundance of text I had on the other. After some advice from my teacher, I had noticed where I made my grand error, I had not properly written my interview. Instead, I had taken more of a Q&A(question and answer) approach. To fit with the writing style of magazine journalist, I have to actually mix the interview with the information I gathered on the topic. In this snapshot, I also added a subtitle to the article and masked some of the assets out.


I then drew these platinum sparkles to go with some of the descriptors in the Meet Kyra portion, playing off of electronic music that she listens to which associates with similar-looking motifs. These bright sparkles and posture also work well to represent her personality which can be Narcissistic at times.
This is the final edit. I fixed the content and added the sparkles. I had a couple of my friends review the article for any grammatical or literary errors, which I had many of. Thankfully I had their assistance and was able to fix how broken it seemed initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Question 4

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? Prezi presentation on how I integrated on suppl...