Preliminary Evaluation


This is what I want to see in my magazine:

Evaluation
My team's theme is body positivity which I plan on presenting in a artistic and punk way by following a mix of conventions from magazines: Dazed & Confused, Paper, and the Rolling Stones. I will be portraying two types of body positivity: curvy or shapely women body positivity and transitioning(transgender) body positivity, I will be including articles about how their shape has effected their daily life and what sort of dysphoria they face. I have been planning to use this theme from the beginning, so I've already given some thought over the kinds of shots and border decor I want to use. From what I've gathered, all my team mates are taking a pretty similar approach aesthetic-wise, primarily using fashion magazines as a source of inspiration.I will be self producing and editing my assets for my spread.

Layout

As previously mentioned, I will be focusing on using a layout who's conventions follow closely with indie and RNB type magazines. This calls for large block lettering and condensed sans-serif fonts all over my spreads. Minimalist spread design reliant on visual story telling using lone landscapes and models with captions used to tell what they are wearing. Muted color scheme with some pops of color like red, green,and orange.

Text Fonts and Styles
This will be used to determine the hierarchy through out my cover and spread. I will be using a variety of bold, condensed, Arial type fonts and typewriter font highlighted. I plan on using a variety of color blocks to make my articles stand out. Lastly, I will use serif fonts to accent the beginning of my articles and decor font for the backgrounds.

Photography
The photography I'll be using will be very on theme editing-wise. They will primarily portray women who's shape doesn't fall in usual beauty standards and transitioning(transgender) body positivity. I I want my picture to have not only a consistent color scheme but a shape theme as well, where I will be using silhouettes and negative space in the photos to capitalize on body shape. To really instill that indie rock quality of the Rolling Stone, I will also have my models made up to fit that 90s rock era aesthetic. I'll use cutouts sparingly throughout my spread for sections like "style hunt" and my collages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Question 4

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? Prezi presentation on how I integrated on suppl...